Journey of Astra
Astra Microwave Products Limited (AMPL) was incorporated in 1991 by a team of distinguished scientists with experience in RF/Microwave/Digital electronics and management of projects with high technology content. The three promoters had back then sensed a need for a sound, technically powerful private company that can design, develop and produce highly end RF and Microwave subsystems and systems for strategic applications.
AMPL thus came into existence with a handful of highly motivated individuals, the path of progress being clear from the beginning. Starting operations from what is now called Unit I, the Company has grown substantially in its 26+ years of existence to achieve a turnover of approx. INR 450 crores with continuous investment in infrastructure, captive test facilities and other resources. Today the company has three production units and two R&D units that also include an exclusive space qualified facility. Astra today has an array of assembly and test facilities that include 3 Automatic assembly lines for PCBA assembly, 5 class 10K clean rooms, functional test infrastructure that extends from 30MHz up to 40GHz, in house Environment test facilities including EMI/EMC facility and a first for any Indian Private Industry - Near Field Antenna test and measurement range. Astra is an ISO9001:2008 company, along with AS 9100 Rev D certification for its special projects division.
Being a company with a strong R&D Back ground, AMPL has undertaken production of equipment from R&D labs to reduce the production lead times. AMPL has also demonstrated its capability to provide complete solutions from concept to product realization using in house engineering. Starting with a diverse range of microwave products like filters, transmitters, receivers, antennas etc., the achievement in producing actual space-borne hardware that has flown on Indian satellites was a dream come true for the promoters and for the company and an endeavor to be proud of for the entire AMPL team.
With these achievements under its belt, AMPL is targeting to move up the value chain using partnerships and helped by the Make in India policy of the Government of India. Formulating appropriate policies, AMPL has started accumulating the resources required for this important task, including man power, IP and infrastructure. The MMIC activities are operational now in a vast self-owned campus with class 10,000 clean room facilities and state of the art assembly and testing facilities. Also, AMPL started a new R&D facility close to Bangalore airport with an aim to expand its achievements further and be closer to its biggest customers.
- Incorporated as a Private Limited Company in 1991.
- Became publicly traded company in 1995
- Listed in both NSE and BSE.
- Experience of over twenty six years working with various Indian Government Laboratories, Indian Defense Public Sector Undertakings, Indian Space Research Organization and many foreign OEM’s.
- Corporate office at Hyderabad, INDIA
- Three manufacturing units in Hyderabad, INDIA
- One R&D unit in Hyderabad and One R&D unit in Bangalore, INDIA
- ISO 9001-2008 Certified by Intertek
- AS9100 Rev D certified by NQA
- R&D recognized by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
- One of the key assets of the company is the combined experience of its employees & hands on experience in RF/Microwave domain
- Mass Production expertise
- Wide range of expertise in RF & Microwave area along with all associated digital electronics
- State of the art in house assembly and test facilities